Key To My Heart

 Key To My Heart

 

After being hurt and not knowing love, not know how to love, not wanting to love - Michael showed me. He was my best friend and slowly I began to love him more and more. I wrote this poem to show him how much his life meant to me and how important his is to be with mine.

Key To My Heart
 
I had closed the door upon my heart
and wouldn't let anyone in
I had trusted and loved only to be hurt
but that would never happen again
I locked the door and
tossed the key as
hard and as far as I could
My heart was closed for good

Then you came into my life and
made me change my mind
just when I thought that
tiny key was impossible to find
that is when you held out your hand
and proved me wrong
inside your palm was the
Key to My Heart
You had it all along

Comments

Followers

Popular posts from this blog

beautiful words about love